- Smoothies are a great way to get your day started.
- They're quick and easy to make, they can be made using any fruit or vegetable.
- Smoothies can also help you avoid eating processed foods that contain high amounts of sugar.
moothies are a great way to start your day. They're filling, packed with nutrients and delicious. The best part is that they're easy to make!
If you want a healthy breakfast that's good for both your body and mind, consider making one of these delicious smoothie recipes below:
Peanut Butter Blueberry Banana Smoothie
If you're looking for a breakfast smoothie that will get you through your morning, this peanut butter blueberry banana smoothie is for you.
It's creamy and full of nutrients, so it'll give you the energy to power through your morning routine. You'll also be getting plenty of protein from the peanut butter and banana, as well as antioxidants from the blueberries.
- 1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1 small frozen banana
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp. hemp seeds
- 1 Tbsp. salted peanut butter
- 1 scoop plant-based vanilla protein powder (sub collagen powder)
- 3/4 to 1 cup Silk Vanilla Oatmilk
- Combine all ingredients in a high-power blender and start the blender at the lowest setting.
- Gradually increase to one-third power for 20 seconds, and gradually up to full power.
- Blend until completely smooth and creamy.
Tropical Tumeric Smoothie
This smoothie is the perfect way to start your day. It has a hint of tangy tangerine and a touch of spicy ginger, but overall it's sweet, fresh, and tropical—perfect for any morning!
- ½ cup coconut milk or another dairy
- ½ cup frozen mango pieces
- ½ cup frozen pineapple chunks
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated turmeric or ¼ heaping teaspoon of dry ground turmeric
- ½ cup ice
- Place all of the ingredients into a strong blender and blend on the smoothie setting.
- If using a regular blender blend until smooth and creamy.
Kefir Blueberry Elderberry Smoothie
Wake up and smell the berries!
This smoothie is a great way to get your day off to a healthy start. The kefir gives you a boost of probiotics, while the elderberries are packed with antioxidants. Plus, they're both delicious!
- 1 cup plain kefir
- 1 tablespoon elderberry syrup
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 1 chopped, frozen banana
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend until smooth (Source: Woman's Day).
Make these delicious smoothies to start your day off right.
Smoothies are a great way to get your day started. They're quick and easy to make, they can be made using any fruit or vegetable, and they're an excellent way to get grandkids to eat healthy food! Smoothies can also help you avoid eating processed foods that contain high amounts of sugar.
We know that getting up in the morning isn’t always easy. But with these delicious recipes, you’ll have no excuse not to start your day off right. So grab your blender, pour yourself a glass of water and get started on these healthy smoothies!
- For more delicious and healthy smoothie recipes, check out our class: How to Boost Nutrition with Juices and Smoothies
- 3 High-Protein Breakfast Recipes to Reduce Inflammation
- Antioxidant-Rich Foods for Healthy Aging