- Visiting dinosaur museums is a great activity for grandparents and their grandchildren, offering a fun and educational experience to bond over shared interests and learn more about prehistoric creatures.
- The top five dinosaur museums to take your grandchildren to are the American Museum of Natural History, Royal Tyrrell Museum, The Field Museum, Museum of the Rockies, and Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History, each featuring an impressive collection of dinosaur fossils, interactive exhibits, and hands-on activities for children.
- From fully assembled Triceratops and T. rex skeletons to outdoor fossil trails and planetariums, there's a dinosaur museum out there for everyone, offering a unique and exciting opportunity to explore the wonders of prehistoric life.
oes your grandchild love dinosaurs? If so, then you're in luck.
There are tons of museums that specialize in dinosaur exhibits, and they're the perfect place to take them on a day trip. Not only is it a fun and educational experience, but it also provides an opportunity to bond over shared interests and learn more about the fascinating creatures that roamed the Earth millions of years ago.
In this article, we will explore some of the top dinosaur museums to take your grandchildren to.
1. American Museum of Natural History (New York, NY)
The American Museum of Natural History is one of the most famous museums in the world and features an impressive collection of dinosaur fossils and exhibits. The museum's Hall of Saurischian Dinosaurs and Hall of Ornithischian Dinosaurs are both must-sees, as they showcase some of the largest and most impressive dinosaur skeletons ever discovered. The museum also has a Discovery Room where children can participate in hands-on activities and learn more about fossils and dinosaur bones.
2. Royal Tyrrell Museum (Drumheller, Alberta)
Located in the heart of the Canadian Badlands, the Royal Tyrrell Museum is a must-see for any dinosaur enthusiast. The museum features over 130,000 fossils, including more than 40 dinosaur skeletons. Visitors can participate in guided tours and interactive exhibits, as well as visit the museum's outdoor fossil trail to see real dinosaur footprints.
3. The Field Museum (Chicago, IL)
The Field Museum is home to Sue, the largest and most complete Tyrannosaurus rex skeleton ever discovered. In addition to Sue, the museum features a variety of other dinosaur fossils and exhibits, including a model of a prehistoric ecosystem and a T. rex autopsy exhibit. The museum also offers a variety of programs and activities for children, including summer camps and hands-on workshops.
4. Museum of the Rockies (Bozeman, MT)
The Museum of the Rockies is located in Bozeman, Montana and features an impressive collection of dinosaur fossils, including the largest collection of Tyrannosaurus rex specimens in the world. The museum also has a planetarium and a children's discovery center, where kids can participate in interactive exhibits and learn more about science and nature.
5. Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History (Washington, DC)
The Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History is one of the most visited museums in the world and is home to a variety of dinosaur fossils and exhibits.
The museum's dinosaur hall features some of the largest and most complete dinosaur skeletons in the world, including a fully assembled Triceratops and a life-sized model of a T. rex. The museum also has a Discovery Room where children can participate in hands-on activities and learn more about fossils and dinosaur bones.
Visiting dinosaur museums is a fun and educational activity for both grandparents and grandchildren!
The five museums listed above are just a few of the many amazing dinosaur museums around the world, each with its own unique collection and exhibits. Whether you're interested in fossils, interactive exhibits, or just want to see some of the largest and most impressive dinosaur skeletons ever discovered, there's a museum out there for you and your grandkids to explore.
- Want to explore Art Museums Take our class to learn more!
- More on Travel
- Affordable Adventures: Budget-Friendly Road Trip Tips