- Crafting with grandchildren is a wonderful way to bond, create lasting memories, and nurture their creativity.
- These three easy summer crafts require simple materials and provide step-by-step instructions for an enjoyable crafting experience.
- Engaging in age-appropriate crafts with grandchildren sparks imagination and fosters confidence!
rafting with grandkids is a wonderful way to bond, create lasting memories, and nurture their creativity.
This summer, engage in enjoyable and age-appropriate crafts that will ignite their imagination. In this article, we will explore three easy crafts that you can do together.
These crafts require simple materials and provide step-by-step instructions to ensure a successful and enjoyable crafting experience. Let's dive in!
3 Easy Summer Crafts for Grandchildren
Craft 1: Nature-Inspired Leaf Prints
Capture the beauty of nature by making leaf prints with paint, leaves, and paper, creating unique and artistic designs.
- Assorted leaves (collected from the garden or a nature walk)
- Washable paint in various colors
- White paper or cardstock
- Newspapers or a plastic tablecloth (to protect the work surface)
- Lay down newspapers or a plastic tablecloth to protect the work surface.
- Select a leaf and apply a thin, even layer of paint on the underside of the leaf using a paintbrush.
- Carefully flip the leaf over and press it, paint-side down, onto the white paper or cardstock.
- Gently press and rub the leaf to ensure the paint transfers onto the paper.
- Lift the leaf off the paper, revealing a beautiful leaf print.
- Repeat the process with different leaves and colors to create a vibrant collection of leaf prints.
- Allow the prints to dry completely before displaying or using them for other craft projects.
Craft 2: Paper Plate Sunflower
Create a vibrant and cheerful sunflower using a paper plate and construction paper, perfect for summer decorations!
- Paper plate
- Yellow and brown construction paper
- Markers or crayons
- Cut out the center of the paper plate, leaving only the outer circular rim.
- From the yellow construction paper, cut out petal shapes. You can create around 6-8 petals.
- Glue the petals around the inner edge of the paper plate rim, overlapping slightly.
- Cut a small circle from the brown construction paper and glue it in the center of the petals to create the sunflower's seeds.
- Use markers or crayons to add details to the petals or create a vibrant center for your sunflower.
- Allow the glue to dry, and your paper plate sunflower is ready to be displayed!
Craft 3: DIY Dream Catcher
Let creativity soar as you craft a personalized dream catcher using an embroidery hoop or flexible branch, yarn, and decorative elements, bringing positive vibes and a touch of whimsy to any space.
- Embroidery hoop or a flexible branch
- Yarn or string in various colors
- Beads, feathers, or other decorative items (optional)
- First, separate the inner hoop from the outer hoop of the embroidery hoop. If you don't have an embroidery hoop, you can use a flexible branch to create a circular shape.
- Take the yarn or string and start wrapping it around the hoop. Make sure to cover the entire hoop. You can use a single color or get creative by alternating different colors to create patterns.
- Tie a knot at the starting point of the yarn, leaving a long tail. This will be used for hanging the dream catcher later on.
- Now it's time to create the "web" of the dream catcher. Start by tying a knot at one point along the hoop. Leave a small space and move to the next point, looping the string around the hoop. Repeat this pattern until you reach the starting point again, creating a spiderweb-like pattern.
- Once you reach the starting point, secure the string with a knot and trim any excess.
- To add a decorative touch, you can attach beads, feathers, or other items to the bottom of the dream catcher. Use additional string or yarn to tie them securely.
- Finally, tie a piece of yarn or string to the top of the dream catcher. This will be used for hanging it.
- Find a special place to hang your DIY dream catcher, and enjoy the positive vibes it brings to your space!
Crafting with grandkids provides endless opportunities for creativity, bonding, and fun.
With these easy summer crafts, you can engage their imagination and create lasting memories together.
Enjoy the process, encourage their creativity, and watch as their confidence grows. Let the joy of crafting with grandkids brighten your summer!