1 bowl soaked chana dal
Half raw mango
2 green chilies
One and a half inches ginger
5-10 curry leaves
2 red chilies
Pinch of asafoetida
1 -2 tablespoons of oil
Salt to taste
Sugar to taste
1. Soak chana dal for 2 hours and drain the water.
2. Add grated raw mango, green chilies, ginger, salt, and sugar to the mixer and blend.
3. Add chana dal to the mixture and grind it coarse. You can also add a little water.
4. Shift this mixture into a bowl.
5. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, a pinch of asafoetida, turmeric, and curry leaves.
6. Let the tempering cool down, and then add it to the above mixture.
7. You can also add chili powder as per your taste.
8. Mix everything evenly and garnish with chopped coriander.
9. Raw mango dal is ready to serve.