- Wearable technology is an ever-advancing field that allows us to monitor our health in ways we never thought possible before.
- Fitness trackers, smart health watches, wearable ECG monitors, and wearable blood pressure monitors are some common types of wearable tech that can help improve our health by tracking activity levels, heart rate, calories burned, blood pressure, and more.
- By understanding the different types of devices available and what they can do, we can choose the product that best fits our needs and goals for improving our overall health and wellbeing.
re you curious about wearable tech but not sure where to start? With so many options on the market, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one for you. But fear not, as wearable technology is an ever-advancing field that offers us new ways to monitor our health and improve our wellbeing.
Let's take a look at some of the most common types of wearable tech on the market today and how they might help improve your health.
Wearable fitness trackers
Fitness trackers are one of the most popular wearable devices on the market today. They are used to track steps taken, heart rate, sleep patterns, and calories burned. They can also be used to track other fitness-related activities such as swimming, cycling, and running.
There is a wide selection of fitness trackers available from companies like Fitbit, Garmin, and Jawbone but not all of them work with Apple Health or Google Fit which are two services that allow you to view your data across multiple devices.
Smart health watches
If you want to track your heart rate, sleep patterns, or other data related to fitness and health with a wearable device, a smartwatch is worth considering. Smart watches connect to the internet and can receive incoming data from other devices. Many also have GPS capabilities that allow you to track your location during physical activity such as running or walking.
A smartwatch can be used for more than just tracking steps and calories burned; it could also help you stay on top of medications by sending reminders when it's time for a dose of medicine or remind you if an appointment has been scheduled in advance by syncing up with your calendar app on your smartphone (or vice versa).
Wearable ECG monitors
Wearable ECG monitors are devices that measure the electrical activity of the heart, known as an electrocardiogram (ECG). ECG is a test used to detect abnormal heart rhythms, heart attack,s and other heart problems. This device can also be used during exercise to measure HRV (heart rate variability), allowing you to identify at-risk individuals who need additional monitoring or treatment.
Wearable blood pressure monitors
A blood pressure monitor is a convenient way to track your blood pressure at home. It's especially helpful if you have high blood pressure, but even if you don't, it can be useful for tracking any changes in your levels over time. If you're not sure whether or not this is the right choice for you, here are some of the benefits:
- Having an accurate measurement of your current level of health
- Being able to detect any potential issues before they become major problems
- Knowing what to do in order to improve your overall health status
We’ve covered a lot of ground in this article, and hopefully, you have a better understanding of the different types of wearable technology and how they can be used to improve your health.
If you’re still unsure which type of device might be best for you, take some time to think about what kind of information you want or need from it. Once you know that, all that remains is choosing which product fits your needs!