- Versatility of Ingredients: This recipe demonstrates how a variety of vegetables can be harmoniously combined to create a flavorful and nutritious dish.
- Culinary Simplicity: Despite the variety of ingredients, the recipe is straightforward and manageable, making it accessible for cooks of all skill levels.
- Health Benefits: Loaded with vegetables and lentils, this dish is not just a treat for the taste buds but also offers a wealth of health benefits, including fiber, vitamins, and plant-based protein.
Discover the flavors of a traditional and vibrant mixed vegetable rice bits dish, a perfect blend of fresh vegetables and aromatic spices. This recipe showcases a delightful medley of textures and tastes, making it an ideal choice for a family meal or a special gathering. Whether you're a seasoned chef or a beginner in the kitchen, this recipe offers an easy-to-follow guide to creating a wholesome and flavorful meal that's sure to impress.
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
- 250 grams rice bits
- 100 grams cabbage
- 50 grams carrot
- 50 grams potato
- 50 grams capsicum
- 50 grams cauliflower
- 50 grams fresh green peas
- 50 grams soaked split lentils
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 5 green chilies
- Red chili powder
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh coconut
- 2 tablespoons green coriander
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- Dry roast the kanki rice bits and then soak them in water for 6 hours.
- Sieve the kanki rice balls, chop all vegetables, and keep them ready.
- Put a pot on the stove and add oil. When the oil is heated, add mustard, asafetida, cumin seeds, turmeric, and green chili paste according to your taste.
- Mix all the spices well, then add potato, cabbage, carrot, capsicum, cauliflower, fresh green peas, and soaked lentils.
- Now add coriander powder and salt and cook while stirring well.
- Add all soaked rice bits to the vegetables while they are half cooked.
- Stir and place the cover over the pot for 20 minutes.
- When rice seems to be done, add fresh lime juice and sugar to taste.
- Top with fresh green coriander, freshly grated coconut, and serve with green garlic chutney and fresh buttermilk.
Enjoy the delightful harmony of flavors and textures in this mixed vegetable rice bits dish. Each bite offers a burst of freshness from the vegetables, complemented by the tanginess of lime juice and the subtle sweetness of sugar. This dish not only pleases the palate but also provides a nutritious meal that's packed with vegetables and lentils. Serve it hot, garnished with fresh coriander and coconut, alongside green garlic chutney and buttermilk for a complete and satisfying experience.