10 Tips to know how to narrow down the search results when you look for information.
Sometimes using a search engine can feel a bit daunting. You search for an answer and receive hundreds of thousands of answers. Knowing how to narrow down the results will help you tremendously.
- Use a search engine to start your journey. A general search like “learn Spanish” is a great place to start. Narrow the results by adding terms like “online” or “free.”
- Open some likely links and look over the offerings. Look at the left corner of the address bar and make sure there is a padlock there that is in the locked position. This means any data you send is encrypted.
- Open links in a new tab by right-clicking on the link and choosing “open in a new tab.” This way you can close the tab for any you are not interested in and keep the others open for comparison.
- Check out the estimated hours per week you will need to spend on the class.
- Check out the cost, if any. You will probably want free classes at first to make sure this style of learning suits your needs.
- Read the outcomes of the class to be sure you will be getting exactly what you want. There are many great colleges offering online classes right now. You don’t have to choose the first one you see.
- Be prepared to budget your time. No one will be pushing you to complete lessons on time. It’s up to you to make sure you get exactly what you want out of each class.
- Ask questions. Never neglect a question thinking it will be answered later.
- Keep any certificate or other proof of completion. It could help build your resume.
- Be sure to leave feedback for the instructor. It helps them know what is working and what needs improvement.
For more ideas about learning online go to GetSetUp and look at the classes we offer that might be of interest!