Radha teaches us to make a hearty plant-based and grain-free burger.
½ cup chickpeas
½ cup green gram dal
½ cup soyabean
½ cup yellow split pigeon peas
1 cup boiled mashed kidney beans
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 green chili, finely chopped
1 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
2 teaspoon fresh coriander, finely chopped
1 teaspoon dehydrated milk powder
1 medium-sized boiled, mashed potato
½ teaspoon black pepper
Salt to taste
1. Soak all the dals for 4-5 hours.
3. Add salt as per taste to the batter and ferment for 5-6 hours.
4. Boil water in a pot to be used for steaming.
5. Pour the batter into a small bowl.
6. Steam with boiling water for 15-20 minutes.
7. When cool, cut this steamed bun into two halves.
1. Mix all the ingredients.
2. Make a ball and flatten it.
3. Roast the flattened balls on an oiled griddle coated until golden brown.
4. You may also use an air fryer.
1. Put the lettuce leaf, patty, onion ring, tomato slice, and vegan mayo sauce on one half of the steamed bun. Cover with the other half of the steamed bun.
2. Enjoy with French fries