Today I Learned...
t’s summer! The perfect time to enjoy cool, super-sweet snacks at home. And when it comes to snacking, I’m a fan of easy and healthy.
That’s why I love these make-ahead snacks—they can be made in just a few minutes (or even the night before), and they’re great for getting your sweet tooth satisfied without the sugar crash.
Chocolate Banana Pudding
If you're looking for a way to satisfy your sweet tooth without having to resort to processed snacks and sugar-filled desserts, look no further than this healthy make-ahead snack.
With only six ingredients and a few minutes of prep time, you can have this chocolate banana pudding ready to take along with you anywhere, so that you never have to be without your favorite snack again!
- 4 ripe Bananas
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup Agave Nectar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Toasted Hazelnuts for topping
- Toast hazelnuts in a small saucepan over medium heat for approximately five minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- Combine bananas, cocoa powder, agave nectar, cinnamon, and vanilla in a food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour pudding into small serving dishes and top with hazelnuts. (Source: PurelyKatie)
Cherry Vanilla Chia Pudding Popsicles
When you're craving a sweet treat, these Cherry Vanilla Chia Pudding Popsicles will do the trick!
They're a healthy make-ahead snack that's quick to prepare, easy to store, and it even tastes like dessert.
- 1¾ cups Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 2½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 5 tbs Chia Seeds
- ½ tsp Liquid Stevia Extract
- 30 Pitted Dark Sweet Cherries (chopped)
- In a shaker cup, add the almond milk, vanilla extract, chia seeds and stevia extract. Cover with the cap and shake. Pour into jars, seal tightly, and refrigerate overnight.
- Top each pudding with cherries. Serve and enjoy! (Source: Dessert with Benefits)
Frozen Banana Bites
These frozen banana bites are a great way to satisfy that sweet tooth without feeling guilty. They're extremely delicious and simple to make, so you can whip up a batch of these at the beginning of the week and keep them in your freezer for whenever you get a craving!
- 3 ripe Bananas
- 1/3 cup Peanut Butter (or almond butter)
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- Cut your banana into slices, about 1/4 inch thick. With a large banana, try and get 10 slices per banana,
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Make sure the baking sheet will fit in your freezer. Place half of the banana slices on the parchment paper.
- Spread a thin layer of peanut butter (or almond butter) on the banana slice. Then top with another slice of banana to make a sandwich. Freeze the banana sandwiches for about one hour until firm and frozen on the outside.
- Add the chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and check Then continue to microwave in 20 second increments until melted. Stir until smooth.
- Dip each banana sandwich into the chocolate so it is covered halfway. Place in the freezer for 20 minutes until chocolate has hardened.
- Enjoy the banana bites now or store them in the freezer for about one month in a freezer-safe bag. Let thaw for about 5 minutes before eating for a softer bite. (Source: Slender Kitchen)
Summer is the perfect time to enjoy cool, super-sweet snacks. Your sweet tooth will thank you.
Whether you’re looking for an indulgent treat or something lighter and healthy, we’ve got you covered! From frozen banana bites to Cherry Vanilla Chia Pudding Popsicles, there are plenty of delicious options here that will satisfy any sweet tooth.