asseroles are the perfect make-ahead dish.
They can be made ahead of time and frozen, so you don’t have to spend all day in the kitchen on July 4th.
Let's dive into three easy-to-make casserole dishes that will be perfect for your 4th of July gathering.
Baked Beans Casserole
Baked beans are one of those foods that everyone seems to love, and they're an easy way to make a dish that can be prepared ahead of time.
- 4 bacon slices
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 (15-ounce) cans pork and beans in tomato sauce, drain
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup sorghum syrup or molasses
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes; drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings in skillet.
- Sauté onion in hot bacon drippings 7 minutes or until tender. Stir together pork, onions, beans, and next 5 ingredients in a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Top bean mixture with bacon.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until bubbly. (Source: Southern Living)
Green Bean Casserole
Green Bean Casserole is a classic dish that you can't go wrong with. It's simple, delicious, and easy to make ahead of time for your July 4th celebration.
- 2 bags frozen green beans
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups French fried onions (or prepare your own)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook green beans according to package directions; drain well.
- Pour cooked green beans into a large bowl; stir in melted butter until coated evenly.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup French fried onions (or prepare your own).
- Pour mixture into a greased 2-quart baking dish; bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Broccoli Cheese Casserole
This classic casserole is always a crowd-pleaser, and it's super easy to make ahead. This is a great option for 4th of July celebrations because it's so easy to make ahead and transport. You can even cook it at your house and then take it to a party where you know there will be hungry people waiting for you!
- 1 pound frozen chopped broccoli (or 1 bag of fresh)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (sharp or medium)
- 1 cup bread crumbs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish (or use cooking spray).
- Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked broccoli and remaining ingredients until well mixed.
- Transfer mixture into prepared baking dish; bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly on top.
- Serve warm with additional breadcrumbs sprinkled over top if desired!
These are just a few of the many delicious and easy recipes you can try for your next summer cookout. They're perfect for large parties or small gatherings alike, so they'll be sure to please everybody!