- Air Fryer snacks are a healthy alternative to deep-fried foods and can be cooked in minutes.
- Air fryers are great for making healthy food because they don't use oil, so you're not adding any extra fat or calories to your meal.
- These three recipes are healthy, quick and easy to make!
ou can make healthy and delicious food with an air fryer.
Air fryers are great for making healthy food because they don't use oil, so you're not adding unnecessary calories to your meal. Plus, they're easy to use and clean up after you're done cooking. If you want to get more adventurous in the kitchen but don't have a ton of time or space available, an air fryer is a great solution!
Here are three beginner-friendly recipes that'll have you hooked in no time.
1. Air-fried sweet potato fries
Air-fried sweet potato fries are the best way to make sweet potato fries, hands down. They're crispy without being too greasy, they're not as messy as regular fries, and they're way healthier than other fried foods.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 380°F. Peel the sweet potatoes, then slice each potato into even ¼ inch thick sticks.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large mixing bowl, and toss with olive oil, salt, garlic powder, paprika and black pepper.
- Cook in 2 or 3 batches, depending on the size of your basket without overcrowding the pan until they’re crispy. I recommend 12 minutes, turning half way. This may vary based on your air fryer.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce. (Source: FeltGoodFoodie)
2. Air-fried artichoke hearts with garlic dip
Air-fried artichoke hearts are an excellent way to get your fix of this Mediterranean vegetable. They're great on their own, but if you want to take it up a notch, you can make your own delicious dipping sauce in the air fryer! The garlic dip recipe below is a healthy snack that's sure to impress anyone lucky enough to try it.
- 2 cans artichoke hearts
- olive oil or olive oil spray
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- parmesan cheese
- Creamy Garlic Dip:
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Drain artichoke hearts and cut into halves or quarters.
- Place artichoke hearts in a bowl and toss to coat with the olive oil and spices.
- Place the artichoke hearts in an air fryer basket and cook on 400F degrees for 14-16 minutes or until golden and fork tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dip by combining the yogurt, garlic, lemon juice and salt.
- Remove the artichoke hearts from the basket, top with parmesan cheese and enjoy with the dip! (Source: Weelicious)
3. Air-fried avocado fries
You're going to love these Air-fried Avocado Fries.
They're crispy, crunchy, and full of flavor. The best part is that they're easy! Simply slice up your avocado into fries, dust with spices, and pop in the air fryer. You can eat them as a snack or serve them with your favorite dip.
- 2 large or 4 small avocados sliced into ½ inch slices
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
Spicy Mayo Dipping Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Greek Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- In a small bowl, mix the flour with the chili powder, garlic powder and salt. Place the beaten egg in another bowl and the panko breadcrumbs in a third bowl.
- Dredge the avocado in the flour mixture, then the egg and finally the panko breadcrumbs, pressing down lightly until the crumbs stick. Spray both sides with oil.
- For the air fryer, air fry at 400°F. until about for 7 to 8 minutes, turning halfway through until golden brown.
- For the oven, bake on a greased baking sheet lined at 425°F for 12-15 minutes, turning halfway through, until golden brown.
- Serve hot with spicy mayo dipping sauce, if desired. (Source: FeltGoodFoodie)
We hope you give some of these delicious recipes a try.
Air Fryer snacks are the healthiest, easiest and tastiest way to spice up your snacking routine.