Today I Learned...
- These recipes are easy enough for your busy weeknights and fun enough for entertaining guests at your next party
- No matter what kind of gathering you’re planning, we’ve got something just right for everyone!
all is here and it's time to celebrate with some great appetizers.
When you're ready to throw a party or get-together, try one of these five easy fall appetizers that will wow your guests!
1. Savory Pumpkin Cheese Dip with Bacon
This is one of our favorites because it's so simple and so delicious. The combination of pumpkin puree, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, garlic powder and paprika makes for a creamy dip that everyone will love. To make it even better, serve it warm with crispy bacon crumbled on top!
- 1/2 cup pumpkin canned pumpkin puree
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup medium cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 large green onions, sliced (reserve some for topping)
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and chopped (reserve some for topping)
- Cream together cream cheese, pumpkin, paprika and garlic powder.
- Stir in shredded cheese.
- Fold in bacon and green onion. Sprinkle with bacon and green onion.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Serve with crackers or veggies (Source: An Affair from the Heart).
2. Steamed Artichokes with Smoked Paprika Aioli
This recipe is easy to make and very flavorful. Serve it with a loaf of crusty bread and a glass of wine, and you'll have the makings of a perfect fall meal.
- 4 medium artichokes (about 12 ounces each)
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 6 tbsp. canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- Cut 1 inch off top of each artichoke with a serrated knife; discard. Rub cut sides with lemon. Holding artichoke by stem, use scissors to snip away thorny tips of leaves.
- Place a steamer basket in a large pot and add enough water to reach just below basket. Add juice of 1/2 lemon; bring to a boil. Place artichokes upright in basket and steam, covered, until tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together 2 teaspoons lemon juice, egg yolks, and mustard in a bowl. Whisk in both oils a few drops at a time, whisking constantly until all oil is incorporated. Whisk in garlic and paprika. Season with salt and pepper. (If aioli is too thick, whisk in a couple drops of water.) Serve with artichokes (Source: Country Living).
3. Cheddar Pumpkin Appetizers
These cheddar pumpkin appetizers are a great way to kick off the holiday season. They are super simple to make and taste incredible!
- 8 tablespoons smoked Cheddar cold pack cheese food (from 8-oz container), well chilled
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped peanuts
- 4 butter-flavored pretzel spindles or sticks, broken in half
- 16 tiny pieces fresh parsley leaves
- Line a small serving plate with waxed paper. Roll each level tablespoon cold pack cheese food into a ball; place on waxed paper-lined serving plate. Refrigerate 10 to 15 minutes for easier handling.
- With end of toothpick, draw ridges around balls to resemble pumpkins. Dip bottoms of cheese balls in chopped peanuts.
- Just before serving, insert pretzel halves into cheese balls for pumpkin stems. Decorate with parsley for leaves. Store in refrigerator (Source: Betty Crocker).
4. Sausage Rolls
If you like pigs in a blanket, you'll love sausage rolls. The savory sausage and sweet, warm spices will make your mouth water before you even take a bite.
This recipe is a bit longer than most listed here, but the payoff is well worth it. Check out the full instructions here: The Pioneer Woman.
5. Grilled Apples with Prosciutto and Honey
This elegant dish is perfect for a crowd. The sweet and savory flavors of honey, apples, and prosciutto are sure to be a hit!
- Canola oil, for grill grates
- 1 large Honeycrisp apple, cored and cut into twenty-four 1/8-inch slices
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 3 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 (3-ounce) log goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 c. chopped salted pistachios
- 4 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- Pure honey, for drizzling
- Heat grill to medium heat. Once hot, clean and oil grill grates with canola oil.
- Brush apple slices with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Wrap with prosciutto, dividing evenly.
- Grill over direct heat, uncovered and turning once, just until grill marks appear, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a platter and top with goat cheese, pistachios, and thyme. Drizzle with honey (Source: Country Living.)
We hope you have enjoyed these appetizer recipes for fall!
We know that our readers love to cook and enjoy good food and drinks. Fall is such a beautiful season, so it’s the perfect time to treat yourself with some delicious options from this list.
These recipes are easy enough for your busy weeknights and fun enough for entertaining guests at your next party—no matter what kind of gathering you’re planning, we’ve got something just right for everyone!